Clear and well organized policies and procedures are an essential resource to guide behavior and decision making, as well as uphold accountability. They communicate responsibilities and expectations for our faculty and staff as members of a non-profit institution of higher education.
Policy management is an integral part of maintaining an effective ethics and compliance program, and achieving our mission as an institution.
Rice University has adopted the Policy Management Program to:
- Promote and shepherd adoption and maintenance of necessary policies to perform the mission and meet legal obligations
- Provide an accurate, up to date, and useful resource to the campus community
- Maintain consistency, transparency and inclusion in the policy creation and revision process
- Help manage the necessary balance between risks and workload burden
The following resources are available to assist you in revising or issuing university policies:
- University Policy Approval Process - Flowchart
- University Policy Template
- University Policy Tracking Sheet (Note, this resource also includes the template for the Responsible Official Memo)
- University Policy 101, University Policy Development and Management
The Chief Compliance Officer serves as the University Policy Manager, and is also a resource for you if you have questions or concerns.