The Rice University Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) manages the University’s Ethics and Compliance Program, chairs the University Compliance Committee, and serves as the University Policy Manager. The CCO reports to the VP of Finance, with a dotted line to the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees, and provides regular reports to the President and the Audit Committee as to the status of the Ethics and Compliance Program.
The primary responsibility of the CCO, in conjunction with the Compliance Committee, is to help assure the trustees and senior management that:
- All necessary compliance activities have been identified and appropriately assigned;
- Necessary policies and procedures are in place;
- By supporting training, partners are maintaining appropriate levels of awareness and expertise;
- Compliance responsibilities are being monitored and actions are taken to strengthen compliance and mitigate risk as necessary; and that
- A culture of compliance and ethical behavior is being fostered and supported across campus.
By working across departments and in close collaboration with compliance partners in all areas, the CCO supports a culture that leverages best practices and provides assurances that the University is meeting our commitments.
Chetna Koshy oversaw NYU Abu Dhabi’s Office of Compliance and Risk Management, which facilitates and monitors compliance with university policies as well as U.S. and local laws and regulations. She also oversaw internal investigations, compliance communication, training, awareness, and policy development and review.
Koshy also guest lectured undergraduate courses on ethics, labor and economics, business and human rights, social responsibility and international business law at NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU Shanghai.